Just like kitchens, bathrooms have enormous influence on whether you love or hate a home. So when it comes to selling your home, it makes perfect sense to pay your bathroom lots of love and attention when building or renovating.
More than just practical and functional, bathrooms have evolved to become much more than just a washroom, playing an important part of the architectural design and more often than not, incurring the biggest financial investment.
Besides water and energy saving being key aspects of any bathroom build or renovation, we’ve compiled 5 of our favourite trends to guide you on the interior design and décor.
- For the modern bathroom, go with clean simple lines and minimally designed sanitary ware, which is often hidden e.g. built in handles to cabinet draws.
- Copper is hot right now. Exposed brass taps, pipes bring lots of warmth and a traditional feel to your bathroom.
- Vinyl decals, wallpaper and mosaic glass tiles provide the right element for that impact feature wall.
- Pair bold colours with the neutral sanitary ware, for that personalised and dramatic look. Bold colours work well on painted walls and accessories.
- Create a wet and dry zone if the space allows e.g. include a small dressing table, make up table or small comfortable seating.
Of course don’t forget the windows in your bathrooms. Considered a high-use and wet area, the best window treatment for this part of your home is shutters. Timeless, always on trend, shutters in the bathroom are the practical choice due to their durability and water resistance. Ideal for privacy, natural light and ventilation, shutters in the bathroom will simply beautify your bathroom and complete the look.
Here are some fabulous examples.